With presence in over 70 countries through a network of 635 stores around the world, our Interiors & Fitout team were excited to have been awarded the hard restyling works for Italian fashion house PRADA, located at 81 Collins Street, Melbourne.
Founded in 1913 in Milan by Mario Prada, Mr Prada sold bags, trunks and travel accessories to the affluent Milanese fashionistas. Over the past 100 years, Prada has designed and sold beautifully crafted and ingenious handbags, clothes, shoes, and accessories for women, men, and now children and is one of Italy’s most iconic fashion brands of all time.
The project was set with tight timeframes and deadlines and required the following scope of hard restyling works to be completed, in line with the Prada guidelines from Italy:
- Demolition works to all existing shop fixtures and fittings.
- Relamping of new lighting throughout the whole store and visual merchandising cabinets.
- Installation of new joinery units in the Flagship Prada green throughout the store for modernized Visual Merchandising.
- New stainless steel finished to a satin finish with the internal brass shop front façade re-polished.
- Revamp of change rooms with new lighting, paint and upholstered seating.
- New and existing floor tiles were revamped and polished with the new Flagship Prada carpet laid.
- Installation of new counters in areas and some existing counters had modification works including custom perspex shelving, lighting, trims and upholstery.
- Our Interiors team also assisted in visual merchandising new merchandise arriving fresh from Italy.
- Coordination works for existing Prada visual merchandising counters were packaged and sent back to Prada’s Head Office in Milan.
Through careful planning and an efficient strategy, our Project Delivery team operated in a live environment, throughout nights and weekends (when the store was closed), to ensure the restyling works were completed to the project timeframe and to eliminate any form of disturbance to Prada’s business operation. We were thrilled with the reimagined space representing the Prada green with modernized fittings and fixtures and thoroughly enjoyed working with the Prada team and our contractors in delivering a highly successful project.
We were recommended to Kennedys Group Interiors & Fitout to complete the hard restyling works of our store that resides at 81 Collins Street. The project was set with tight timeframes to work within whilst being completed in a live environment as the store had to remain open during regular trading hours. Richard and his team devised great strategies to achieve our project objectives which was delivered by Chris Reid (Project Manager), right through to the project team. Chris adapted to the Prada and Italian lighting terminology very early on in the project, which simplified and made the process more efficient, resulting in a fantastic experience for myself and the store team.
Kennedys were extremely diligent in ensuring the store operated as normal whilst works were completed to the highest of standards, to meet our deadlines and to be within Prada regulations from Italy, delivering a stunning fitout we couldn’t be happier with.
I personally look forward to working with Kennedys in the future on delivering great projects.
~ Stefano Giorgetti, PRADA Australia