The Melbourne Sports & Aquatics Centre (MSAC) in Albert Park is home to a flashing and hydrotherapy pool, which needed its roof to be replaced due to
wear and tear.
Led by Project Manager Nathan Brodie, our Plumbing team successfully completed this partial-re-roofing project in June 2023 over the the hydrotherapy and pool areas of the centre.
Works included the following:
• Fabrication and installation of .48 corrugated Colorbond curved roof sheets (45m2) and thermal spacers.
• Installation of 75mm insulation blanket and safety mesh (46m2).
• Waterproofing the hydrotherapy roof with matching Colorbond capping and flashings.
• Removal of 145m of main roof box gutter capping, corrugated support panels, and insulation boards to gain access to the rusted steel fascia.
• Replacement of the rusted purlins.
• Reinstating 145 metres of capping, corrugated support panels, and Kingspan Kooltherm K10 FM G2 Sofitt insulation boards.
This was all completed while navigating a live-site environment, which ensured that MSAC’s scheduled events went ahead without disruption, including the World Swimming Championships.
Overall, this project adhered to strict requirements and deadlines, making it a success for both Kennedys Group and our valued client MSAC.