The Kangan Institute, part of the TAFE VICTORIA network, required an upgrade to their Fire Service and Associated Infrastructure (Hydrants and Pipework)
The project involved:
- Supply and install approx. 1440m 180mm PE100 PN20 HDPE fire service.
- Supply and install approx. 288m 125mm PE100 PN 20 HDPE fire service.
- Supply and install associated bends, tees and fittings. Kennedys Group supplied and installed: 2 x 216,000 litre effective capacity gal fire tanks next to building “H”.
- 1 twin diesel pump set as specified in colour and enclosure.
- 1 concrete slab designed to support tanks and pump set. (150mm thick with 2 layers SL82 mesh)
- Electrical works for power requirements for system.
Extra pipework was required as per the new design for both sprinkler systems and tank fill lines with pumps and tanks next to building “H”. Complete chain mesh fence was also required in black with an access gate around the tanks and pump set.
This upgrade resulted in Kangan Institute’s Fire System meeting current Australian Standards and well prepared for future capacity upgrades.
Kennedys have been great communicators throughout all works. During the ring main upgrade Facilities we were notified that the building J upgrade project (Separate to the hydrant maintenance upgrade) would require a hydrant system to the current Australian Standards which would trigger the requirement for pumps and tanks.
Kennedys have subsequently provided pricing for pumps and tanks which will enable the whole site to have pressure and flows to meet the current hydrant standard AS2419.1-2005, the existing sprinkler systems and potentially provide capacity for future upgrades. During September there was also the Covid 19 construction shut down for two weeks which put a complete stop to the works.
The workmanship Kennedys have provided has been of high quality.
~ Client testimonial