Boral Geelong is a major supplier of asphalt for projects such as local road building and maintenance, through to highly complex major infrastructure programs including freeways, highways and airport runway resurfacing.
Kennedys commenced this significant project in November 2020, with the supply and installation of water, fire and stormwater systems for Boral new plant construction.
- Installation of a stormwater drainage system including inground filtration tanks and pits
- Installation of a compliant fire system including all excavation and reinstatement with crushed rock and full compaction
- Processing of water lines servicing all machinery
- Design and installation of 180mm dust suppressant spray lines
- Installation of stormwater collection tanks for recycling purposes to disperse into sea water – filtrate water before it passes out into sea to avoid contamination
- Excavation works involving confined space trained employees
- Consultations with Barwon Water in arranging water supply and sewer drainage works
- Removal and disposal of asbestos contaminated spoil stockpiled during pre construction works
This was a very active site with multiple teams and contractors working along concurrent, interdependent timelines. Our project leaders held frequent mandatory tool box meetings to ensure everyone was working collaboratively and safely, particularly during frequent inclement weather. Daily management meetings were also held to share information across all management groups to achieve project goals.